MER Services accepts its environmental responsibilities and recognises its obligations to contribute to the resolution of global and local environmental issues by reducing its environmental impacts and by taking a leading role in promoting environmental good practice.
Therefore MER Services will:
These commitments will be demonstrated through the introduction of suitable policies, practices and programmes. Their effectiveness will be monitored by evaluating MER Services environmental performance and publishing the results, thereby encouraging efforts to comply with the Environmental Policy.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually by the Company’s Environmental Policy Steering Group
- Continue to comply with all relevant legislation and codes of practice
- Continually seek to improve its environmental performance
- Quantify and reduce its environmental impact, bearing in mind the whole life cycles of energy and material supplies
- Integrate environmental concerns into all planning and design decisions, maintenance and management of its estate including sustainable development principles where possible
- Minimise the environmental impact of new buildings during their construction and use
- Reduce our CO2 emissions through the selection and use of environmentally efficient transport methods via the use of our fleet.
- Improve staff environmental awareness and understanding
- Encourage and facilitate research on environmental sustainability
- Encourage all members of MER Services to apply in the wider community the environmental values that they develop in their learning and research